"Enchanting and Romantic... a Bliss on the Lake"
Since it opened in 1997, L’Opera Italian Restaurant & Bar has established itself as the city’s premier Italian Restaurant.
Receiver of two prestigious Myanmore Dining & Nightlife Awards 2016, "Best Italian Restaurant" and "Best Service", and runner up in three other categories: "Best Fine Dining", "Best Outdoor Dining" and "Best Pizza".
Receiver of four prestigious Myanmore Dining & Nightlife Awards 2015: "Best Italian Restaurant", "Best Fine Dining Restaurant", "Best Outdoor Dining", and "Best Service - Most Attentive Staff".
L'Opera has also been awarded as the top cleanest foreign restaurant by YDCD and was handed the award by Yangon's Mayor.
Its menu features homemade pastas, authentic wood-fired oven pizzas, Italian cold cuts and cheese, fresh salads, and many other local and imported ingredients. Under the guidance of an Italian Managing Director and an Italian Chef, meals are cooked with the use of only the freshest ingredients as well as quality dairy, imported meat and fish products, and extra virgin olive oil. L’Opera's authentic Italian cuisine is popular not only among expatriates and foreign visitors but also with Myanmar people.
Not to mention the magical atmosphere! L’Opera is idyllically situated in an old colonial building in the midst of manicured gardens on the romantic and enchanting Inya Lake. You can dine accompanied by the music of one of the greatest, if not the very best, Myanmar classic guitarist. In December 2012, L'Opera opened the first Italian Bakery in Myanmar. It is located at the entrance of the Restaurant compound and offers a variety of authentic Italian breads and baked goods.
L'Opera is an ideal place to organize parties or events. The large garden is perfect for any occasion, including dance parties, from November to March and the Restaurant offers catering services for up to 450 people, whether it is for a birthday, anniversary or a wedding.
The Restaurant can also organize cocktail functions and has three more intimate function rooms that can be reserved ahead of time as well as the following three options:
- The “Floating Cocktail Lounge”, suspended on the Inya Lake can be enjoyed by up to eighteen guests
- The “Veranda”, it's located on the second floor, a terrace overlooking the garden having a great view of the lake and the whole premises. It can host up to 30 seated guests
- A nice alternative, the romantic “Romeo & Juliet Balcony”, overlooks the garden and the lake, with a capacity of six guests. This is a favorite among couples in love, newlyweds, or anyone who would like to dine all fresco during the rainy season.
- There are numerous Romantic Packages (Y) available for couples, which could include rose petals, tea-light candles, balloons, etc. These Romantic Packages can be enjoyed in various location, garden, private room, floating cocktail lounge on the lake, and of course, first or second floor of the restaurant. To top it off, we also offer a Romantic Gondola Package for 2 people, with a 30 minute gondola ride on Inya Lake, with a gondolier, inclusive of small Italian Prosecco bottle, and if requested in advance, delicious assorted canapé (caviar, salmon, tuna, olive).
The L’Opera owners are also committed to promoting Italian Culture and one highlight of the year is the celebration of the Venetian Carnival with dance and a gourmet buffet dinner, where you can see diners wear a Venetian masks and fancy dress costumes for an evening of fun and fantasy.
On Christmas Day, L’Opera puts on special set gourmet menu dinner in the garden, which is decorated with Christmas trees and a Nativity scene.
Valentine’s Day is always celebrated and a dinner and dance evening is also the perfect place to spend New Year’s Eve and see out the year.
L'Opera also has a branch in the Marina Residence at 8 Kaba Aye Pagoda Road and a brand new 500 square meter branch in the capital, Nay Pyi Taw, in the Nirvana Hotel & Resort (Hotel Zone 1)
As it is customary to say in Italian, "a presto", which means, "see you soon".
Address : 62 D, U Htun Nyein Street, Mayangone Township, Yangon
Telephone Numbers : 01 665-516, 01 660-976. For reservations 09 7303-0755, 09 421 034 875
Opening Hours : 11:00am - 2:00pm, 6:00pm - 10:30pm
Web : www.operayangon.com
Facebook : facebook.com/operayangon
- Accepts payment in local currency, USD, Euro, and other currencies upon confirmation
- Accepts Credit Cards: VISA, MASTERCARD, JCB, MPU
- Accepts the following Loyalty Cards: Myanmore Card, Mylifesavour Card, JAFA Card
Services: Takes Reservations, Walk-Ins Welcome, Good for Groups, Good for Kids, Take Out, Delivery, Catering and Outdoor Seating, Baby seats, Valet Parking.
Culinary Team: Star awarded Chef Massimiliano Armenio
- L'Opera Italian Restaurant & Bar | 62 D, U Htun Nyein St, Yangon | Rsrv. 09 7303 0755 | 01 665 516 | 01 660 976 | operayangon.com | Facebook
- Marina Residence branch | 8, Kaba Aye Pagoda Rd, Yangon | Reserv. 09 250 924 705 | 01 560 561 (ext. 7)
- Nirvana Hotel & Resort branch | No. NH-3, 4, Yar Za Thin Gaha, Hotel Zone 1, Nay Pyi Taw | Rsrv. 09 795 915 540 | 067 422 256-7 | Facebook